Registration for Canada18 National Career Development Conference is now open with both 3-day ($450) and 1-day ($225) packages available! Take advantage of special rates for presenters, members of supporting organizations, students and groups. Super Saver deadline is September 6, 2017.
Cannexus is designed to promote the exchange of information and explore innovate approaches in the areas of career counselling and career development. We expect to welcome 1,000 participants from Canada and internationally to the Shaw Centre in Ottawa, January 22-24, 2018.
Conference delegates can listen to three inspirational keynote speakers and choose from over 100 education sessions. Topics will include effective counselling techniques, labour market information, post-secondary employment, talent management, job search strategies, working with diverse populations and more. The Call for Presenters remains open until June 9, 2017.
We are pleased to announce this year’s expanded roster of optional pre-conference workshops, each providing in-depth professional development. Workshops take place on Sunday, January 21, 2018. Choose among the following…
- Understanding and Applying the Sacred Algonquin Teachings of the Healing Circle & Wellness Wheel, Annie Smith St-Georges, Algonquin Elder
- Not-for-Profit Finance for the Non-Finance Manager: Bootcamp Edition, Betty Ferreira, Restructure Consulting
- Deconstructing Clients’ Career Anxiety by Creating Positive Narratives & Co-Constructed Plans, Sonny Wong, Career Counsellor, Designated Professional Counsellor, Ryerson University
- Employability as a Strategy for Seeking Meaningful Employment, Jeff Landine, University of New Brunswick
- Transforming Leadership Skills and HR Strategies that Increase Employee Engagement and Get Results!, Ken Keis, Consulting Resource Group
- Strategic Résumés for Challenging Clients – Real-World Résumé Strategy! Sharon Graham & Wayne Pagani, Career Professionals of Canda
- Empowering the Employment Sector to Serve Youth with Mental Health Issues, Marysia Parry, Youth Employment Services Toronto
The conference is presented by CERIC and supported by The Counselling Foundation of Canada with a broad network of supporting organizations.