The latest issue of Careering magazine focuses on the theme “Generation Next – Pitfalls, Promise and Potential” and explores current topics including underemployment among young Canadians, the benefits of professional networking, and young people’s expectations of the future job market. It also features two articles based on recent CERIC-funded research, one on impressive Canadian post-secondary career service models, and the other on hope-based interventions to help clients with job search and career planning.
Articles in this issue:
- How Can We Understand the Pitfalls of Youth Underemployment in Canada?, by Karen Foster
- Planting the Seed of Career Exploration in Middle School Students, by Monica Edwards
- Fostering Adolescent and Young Adult Engagement with the Help of Technology, by Steve St-Pierre
- A Young Adult’s Guide to Networking, by Heather Claridge
- Obvious and Unexpected: The Benefits of Volunteering for Youth, by Melanie Hientz
- Generation(s) Next: Lessons from the ATM, by Donnalee Bell
- Attracting Young Professionals to Rural Places, by Erin Robinson
- The Future of the Employment Support System, by Fabio Crespin
- Young People and the World of Work: Their Values and Job Market Expectations, by Marie-Sylvie Dionne
…and much more, including:
- Hope-Based Interventions with Unemployed Clients, by Norman Amundson, Tannis Goddard, Spencer Niles and Hyung Joon Yoon
- Models of Career Services in Canadian Post-Secondary Institutions, by Peter Dietsche
- Is It Time to Put Retirement Out to Pasture?, by Elizabeth Mahler and John Thompson
- Female Entrepreneurs: Fear of Failure and the Restorative Role of Resilience, by Lori Padley-Lee
- 10 Questions for Louisa Jewell
Careering magazine is Canada’s Magazine for Career Development Professionals and is the official publication of CERIC. It is published three times a year both in print and as an emagazine, including select content in French. Subscribe to receive your free copy. You can also access past issues for free online.
Interested in contributing to Careering? The Winter 2017 issue will be “2025: The Future of Work.” The submission deadline is November 20, 2017. Get in touch with firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to submit an article for publication.