Practical & Academic Research Committee
The Practical & Academic Research Committee:
- Plays a central role in the development of CERIC’s internal and external research agenda by reviewing materials to determine what research needs to be done in Canada and supporting the development of internal and external stakeholder surveys.
- Determines and recommends to the Board the most effective way that CERIC can support the growth and development of practical and academic career-related research in Canada and its application.
- Recommends priorities and guidelines for all practical and academic research efforts.
- Chooses and recommends a relevant graduate thesis from works submitted through a contest to be considered for publication by CERIC.
- Finds ways to communicate the fact that CERIC is supportive of career-related research and will lend its support and resources to both practical and academic research for the benefit of all Canadians.
- Promotes and advocates the need for increased practical and academic research in this field across Canada.
- Identifies partners to participate in and contribute to research projects.
- Collaborates with researchers to advance career-related research in Canada.
- Michelle Pidgeon, Simon Fraser University, Surrey, BC (Chair)
- Robert Baudouin, University of Moncton, Moncton, NB
- Victoria Froats, City of Toronto, Toronto, ON
- Lorraine Godden, Queen's University, Kingston, ON
- Liette Goyer, Laval University, Quebec City, QC
- Jeanette Hung, Dalhousie University, Halifax, NS
- Cynthia Martiny, Université du Québec à Montréal, Montreal, QC
- Joan Schiebelbein, University of Alberta, Edmonton, AB
- Dan Wise, YMCA of Greater Toronto, Toronto, ON