What does CERIC do?
CERIC is a charitable organization funded through non-government sources that supports and advances education and research in career counselling and career development in Canada.
- We advance education and knowledge in the field of career counselling by developing and delivering conferences, seminars, courses and training to the general public. We support and enable training that enhances service outcomes to those in receipt of career supports by career professionals with a diversity of educational backgrounds.
- Our primary function is not to engage in public policy discussions around career counselling or career development but rather to educate and increase the public’s understanding of career counselling by developing, funding, collecting and disseminating relevant educational material.
- We support career counselling research by providing a research fellowship program, a graduate student engagement program, a peer-reviewed academic journal to publish the research, and various other avenues to disseminate research findings, including a globally accessible online resource and community for career practitioners and an annual nationally attended bilingual conference.
- We work towards our mission through our own means as well as through external projects, collaborating with one or more partners in the spirit of innovation and co-operation.
Where does CERIC receive its funding?
CERIC's activities are funded in large part by The Counselling Foundation of Canada, a family foundation that has actively supported career projects for more than 50 years.
Who does CERIC serve?
CERIC is an inclusive organization for anyone working in career services or who has an interest in career development, including practitioners, program managers, educators, researchers and product developers. We work across all sectors:
- Community agencies
- Career management firms
- Independent professionals
Does it cost any money to access CERIC resources or services?
No. Currently, CERIC is committed to providing its products and services for free. However, in the future there may be a nominal cost to ensure sustainability of our services.
How do I get involved?
Please contact us at email@example.com or contact Riz Ibrahim, Vice President and General Manager at 416.929.2510; You can also send mail inquiries to:
18 Spadina Rd., Suite 200
Toronto, Ontario, Canada