Presenter: Denise Bissonnette
Rescheduled for 2018
- Full Series NBCDA Member: $169
- Full Series Non-Member: $229
In addition to access to the live webinars, all registered participants will receive a password-protected video recording of each session, available for one week from its live broadcast date in case you miss one.
It is highly recommended that each participant in this series have a copy of 30 Ways to Shine as a New Employee, as it will be referenced throughout the webinar. The book contains a plethora of great tips and questions for ongoing use by career coaches and employment professionals. You and your team can purchase the book at a special rate of $20 plus tax per copy, as an ‘additional item’ to the webinar series registration. Please allow us 7-10 days for handling and shipping.
“The ability to GET a job has only a casual relationship to the ability to KEEP one. Employers aren’t looking for good job-seekers, they are looking for good employees. Just because someone is not the most qualified applicant, doesn’t mean they can’t become the most valuable employee! Putting less emphasis on creating great job-seekers, and more emphasis on developing great employees is what 30 Ways to Shine is all about!” – Denise Bissonnette
30 Ways to Shine offers a comprehensive blueprint for preparing people for the world of work, teaching the new employee not only how to survive on the job, but how to thrive in whatever position they hold! Based on her celebrated guide to job retention, 30 Ways to Shine as a New Employee, this webinar series empowers employment professionals to use the skills, ideas and concepts in the book to reinforce and strengthen workplace etiquette and behaviours in the people they serve, before and after they are in the workforce.
Anyone can pick up the book and read through the 30 Skills. What Denise aspires to deliver in this webinar series, however, is insight into to the heart and mind behind the book, and most importantly, the spirit underpinning the 30 Skills. This series promises to be personally rewarding for participants as well as professionally valuable.
Who Should Attend:
Those who are working to prepare and assist people for the world of work and/or support people once they are on the job, including job developers, career counsellors, case managers, vocational rehab counselors, job coaches, employment specialists, vocational instructors, job club leaders and employment preparation instructors.
Webinar #1: Introduction to 30 Ways to Shine – Rethinking Retention
- Key Factors in the Job Retention Equation
- Five Underlying Dynamics of the Course
- Eight Core Beliefs about Success in the Workplace
- Overview of the 30 Skills
- Ways in which the course can be used
Webinar #2: 30 Ways to Shine – New Beginnings: Skills 1 – 5
- Thinking Progress, Not Perfection
- Preparing for the Winding Road of Transition
- Understanding Workplace Culture
- Meeting New People and Taking Advantage of a Clean Slate
- Satisfying Employer Expectations: 15 Key Behaviours
Webinar #3: 30 Ways to Shine – Stepping Out and Habits for Success: Skills 6 – 12
- Relating in the Company Style
- Clarifying Performance Goals
- The Workplace as a Learning Place
- Learning from Mistakes
- Not Letting Worry Cramp Your Style
- Reflecting the Company Image
- Going the Extra Mile
Webinar #4: 30 Ways to Shine – Habits for Success and Gifts of Perspective: Skills 13 – 20
- Shining in the Eyes of the Customer
- Being a Great Team Player
- Surviving Office Politics
- Choosing to Think Positive
- Facing Fear and Finding Courage
- Coping with Everyday Life
- Taking Small Steps to Change
Webinar #5: 30 Ways to Shine – Taking the Bitter with the Sweet: Skills 21 – 25
- Controlling Your Anger
- Making Yourself Understood
- Benefiting from Praise and Criticism
- Developing the Ability to Really Listen
- Dealing with Difficult People
Webinar #6: 30 Ways to Shine – Making the Job Work for You: Skills 26 – 30
- Making a Difference and Focusing on Purpose
- Making Work Meaningful – Putting Values to Work
- Living Each Day Gratefully and Redefining Wealth
- Learning from a Mentor
- Balancing Life and Work
- Using the Job Satisfaction Surveys
- Keeping a Foot in the Future and the Skill-Building Checklist
- Additional Free Resources for Implementing 30 Ways
Denise Bissonnette is an internationally renowned writer, trainer, keynote speaker, and of the last few years, webinar presenter! She has inspired people and organizations throughout North America to look beyond traditional concepts of job development and to craft livelihoods rooted in the individual genius of each person. She has authored several publications on creative job development, state-of-the-art job search techniques, the cultivation of the human spirit, and how to “shine” on the job. Her book Beyond Traditional Job Development: The Art of Creating Opportunity is considered the definitive text in employment programs and university classrooms throughout North America. In her unique and characteristic style, Denise brings together her talents as poet, writer, storyteller, teacher and career developer.
Requests for cancellation(s) must be made by emailing your request to email@example.com. Cancellation requests must be received before 5:00 pm ET 2 business days prior to the webinar date. NO REFUNDS are granted after this point. An administrative fee of 10% will be deducted from any paid webinar registration.
Refunds will be issued within two weeks after receipt of the written notice.
Delegate substitutions are permissible. Please notify us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you intend to transfer your registration to another person. Supply us with that person’s name and contact information including their email address. The substitute delegate will be required to pay any difference in registration rate.
If a technical failure at the attendee’s home or workplace prevents access to the live webinar, the attendee will not be given a refund. It is the responsibility of the attendee to confirm system requirements and test their computers prior to the start of the webinar.