This webinar series will focus on practices and design strategies to reach clients and keep them engaged in virtual career development services. The sessions will dig deeper into the selection and use of technologies for creating an engaging learning environment, how to design interventions for mixed media and an exploration of practice strategies that enrichen virtual and blended delivery.
Who Should Attend
This webinar series comes in response to a popular webinar delivered earlier this year by Tannis Goddard and will deepen the strategies and best practices career practitioners can use when providing remote career services. The series will provide evidence-based strategies and tools that can be adapted to a variety of career and learning settings for practitioners, managers and policymakers. While a slow return to face-to-face services is occurring, this series will focus on creating engaging and sustainable service models that can enrich the delivery of career services during COVID-19 and beyond.
NOTE: Attendees will also gain access to an online learning environment with additional resources and a discussion forum for sharing virtual best practices across the sector – extending the value of this webinar series!
Webinar #1: Creating Learning Environments
- Explore factors that influence the selection of technology for creating a learning container
- Examine two different live examples to gain a deeper understanding of possibilities
- Explore selected apps and how they can be integrated into a learning environment
- Consider strategies for adapting face-to-face materials into digital experiences
Webinar #2: Designing Online Career Interventions
- Consider how clients learn about themselves and make decisions
- Explore how virtual delivery can facilitate this meaning-making process
- Explore design strategies for building blended career learning experiences including a-synchronous and synchronous modalities
- Reflect on the importance of service relevance and providing strong intake and on-boarding supports
- Recognize key motivators and benefits for developing sustainable virtual/blended delivery models
Webinar #3: Practising with Purpose
- Identify approaches to create a mattering climate and develop a working alliance in virtual learning environments
- Explore how “presence” can be conveyed through synchronous and a-synchronous mediums
- Recognize the benefits of and how to structure interactions and communicate online with clients
- Consider strategies to personalize the career learning path for each client
Presenter Tannis shares her insights on why you should attend this webinar series.
What are people saying about Tannis’s webinar?
Tannis Goddard is the CEO of MixtMode Consulting and provides consultation to governments on career services, with a specialization in online career services. She has over 25 years of experience operating career centres in Canada. Tannis led the launch of the first federally funded online career counselling program in 2004 and has since led the successful delivery of online services to a full range of client groups. With keen interest in seeing this delivery option grow in our field, Tannis has been involved in research projects and presented on this topic all over the world. Tannis delivered also a popular webinar on this topic earlier this year with CERIC.