CERIC is partnering with Challenge Factory on a free webinar: Small Businesses: Who They Hire and How to Engage Them on April 13, 2017. Lisa Taylor, the founder and President of Challenge Factory, is also the author of CERIC’s new Retain and Gain: Career Management for Small Business Playbook.
In Canada, 99.7% of all businesses with employees are small- or medium-sized enterprises (SMEs), with the vast majority of organizations falling into the category of “micro business,” employing 10 or fewer employees. In 2015, SMEs employed 90.3% of the private sector workforce (10.5 million Canadians). This means your clients – whether students looking to launch their careers, adults needing to transition to a new sector, or employees wanting to advance in their roles – will most likely find themselves working for a small business.
In this dynamic webinar, you will:
- Discover the current landscape of Canada’s small business economy
- Find out what SME owners want career practitioners to know
- Learn how to build relationships with employers by providing quick, easy, no-cost career management activities they can use to keep and develop staff
- Identify how to debunk common misconceptions such as small organizations with flat organizational structures and limited resources can’t establish good career practices
- Consider special factors when working with new graduates, clients who have been out of the workforce or older workers 50+, in the context of small business
Taylor’s career and workforce perspectives have been featured in media outlets across North America including The Wall Street Journal, Huffington Post, CBC and The Globe and Mail. Taylor regularly speaks on the future of work, the intergenerational workforce and the changing nature of careers in today’s economy.