Recent research has shown the impact of career development on overall mental health and the key role that career practitioners can play in improving their clients’ well-being. But as the career practitioner, who is looking after our well-being?
This webinar series will provide tools, resources and methodologies using a multi-disciplinary wellness approach that addresses managing the stress of the unknown in our future or our “new normal” resulting from the recent pandemic.
As a participant you will leave with a toolkit for nurturing health using a prevention model. This equates to better personal wellness and a greater understanding about ways to support the well-being of your clients.
Webinar #1: Wellness Quotient
- Learn about the role self-care plays when you have a wellness strategy for self-care that starts while one is healthy, instead of waiting until we are in crisis or distress
- Complete a wellness self-assessment that can be used anywhere anytime
- Gain insights into the significant role that wellness plays for career practitioners’ and their clients to manage stress
- Understand and differentiate between preventive practices and crisis mitigation methods
- Have the opportunity to practice simple self-care techniques
- Be introduced to three stress/health/wellness models to more easily engage in the wellness conversation
Webinar #2: Wellness Models & Practices
- Taking a time out and going “within”
- Using a Perceived Stress scale to better understand and work with the various stressors in our life. Tools to help clients identify their external stressors
- The mind body connection, knowing your own capacity, reactions, emotions (fears/anxiety) and triggers. (Body scan)
- Introducing a process to become non-reactive. Training ourselves to Act not Re-act
- Mindfulness and the present moment. Paying attention and mindfully dealing with thoughts and patterns
- Being authentically you
Webinar #3: Wellness in Career Development for Your Clients
- How to assess your clients readiness for a wellness shift
- Knowing when to support your clients and when to refer out
- How to support your clients on their wellness journey; prevention vs reaction
- Learn mindfulness techniques (calm the mind, settle worries) that you can incorporate into your practice and with your clients today
- Leave with wellness tools and resources that will support the ongoing development of your practice and clients
Presenters share their insights on why you should attend this webinar series.
What are people saying about this webinar series?
Michelle Precourt, CPHR, spent 15 years working in human resources and found yoga to be a good way to decompress. As a Career Coach and HR Consultant she offers mindfulness techniques for better client interview performance and workplace success.
Carol Brochu, CHRL combines a 30+ year career in HR, operations & client service with a unique personal and spiritual development journey that has included studies in various forms of humanities, psychology, energy work and self-care disciplines. She is a certified yoga and martial arts instructor, mindfulness facilitator and MeFirst practitioner.
Wayne Pagani, CCDP brings 24 years’ experience in career and workforce development, serving clientele through W.P. Consulting & Associates. He is also a Member and Senior Advisor of CPC, a certified yoga instructor, Associate with CRG, and Qualified Lumina Spark & MeFirst practitioner. This is complemented by his training in addictions with the AIA, Trauma Informed Yoga, Road to Mental Readiness (R2MR), and First Aid for Mental Health.