It has been a few months since the last issue of the Contact Point Bulletin. Here’s what’s been happening at the Contact Point website (www.contactpoint.ca):
We revamped the discussion groups earlier this year and have added new discussions (from user comments and new threads from recent discussions). Here are some of the new topics under way:
- Assessment Tools and Techniques.
- Career Counselling with Lesbians and Gay Men
- Counselling Long Term SARs.
- Developing Employment Proposals.
- Free on-line Job Finding Clubs?
- Group Tools Required for use in Pre-Employment Training.
- Job Developers’ Forum.
- Literacy and Career Counselling.
- People with disabilities, including LDAD.
- Professional Development.
- What Resources are Available for New Immigrants?
- Youth: The “No Experience, No Work” Bind.
There have also been additions to our on-line Registry of Organizations and Agencies. There are now over 260 organizations, agencies and private practices listed from across Canada. Are you listed? It’s free to list at Contact Point.
Through our partnership with YMCA Employment and Career Services, we have added a new resource: Diagnostic Vocational Assessment Procedures for Learning Disabled Individuals.
We have updated our Ad information and have added user comments and user information such as site statistics.