In 2014, CERIC celebrated a decade of enabling and supporting thought leadership, knowledge and skill building, community collaboration and raising the profile of career development in Canada.
Throughout the year, we undertook a series of special anniversary initiatives to mark the milestone, including:
- Creation of a history page on the CERIC website
- The National Challenge to Promote Career Development
- Surveying employers for the Environics National Business Survey on Career Development in the Canadian Workplace
- Publication of Career Development Practice in Canada textbook and a series of Texttalks podcasts
- Releasing a new edition of the Decade After High School: Professional’s Guide
- Addition of Spark! (TED-style Talks) at the Cannexus National Career Development Conference
- Offering a series of free 10th Anniversary webinars with project partners
- Collaborating with the Canadian Council for Career Development (CCCD) to launch the Glossary of Career Development
- Development of the Canadian Career Development Researcher Database
- Producing an anniversary issue of Careering magazine, “Looking Back, Reaching Forward”
Read our Anniversary Card to learn how career development professionals tell us that CERIC has made a difference to their work.