CERIC fall roadshows focus on how to Manage Maternity Leave Career Transitions
CERIC roadshows are back this fall, across three cities in Canada for a series of free networking breakfast meetings, where attendees will hear from Dr Laura Hambley, author of CERIC’s Making It Work! How to Effectively Manage Maternity Leave Career Transitions: An Employer’s Guide.
The roadshows will allow dialogue between all who have a stake in career development for women at work including HR professionals, counsellors and coaches. The objective of the roadshows is to learn how best to take a proactive, positive approach to managing maternity leave career transitions:
- What RESEARCH tell us about the challenges new mothers face returning to work after a maternity leave and impact on career progression
- 15 low-/no-cost employer STRATEGIES to facilitate employee engagement that helps address obstacles faced by organizations and working mothers
- User-friendly GUIDE that covers considerations for diverse populations, customizing career plans with flexible work options and redefining career development
Dr Hambley is a workplace psychologist based in Calgary. She founded Canada Career Counselling and is an Adjunct Professor of Psychology at the University of Calgary.
The following dates have been confirmed for the fall roadshow series:
- Toronto, ON – Thursday, November 3
- Halifax, NS – Friday, November 4
- Vancouver, BC – Thursday, November 24