Cannexus19 Super Saver registration now open!
Registration for Cannexus19, Canada’s National Career Development Conference is now open with both 3-day ($450) and 1-day ($225) packages available! Take advantage of special rates for members of supporting organizations, students and groups. Super Saver deadline is September 5, 2018.
Cannexus is designed to promote the exchange of information and explore innovate approaches in the areas of career counselling and career development. We expect to welcome 1,000 participants from Canada and internationally to the Shaw Centre in Ottawa, January 28-30, 2019.
Conference delegates can listen to three inspirational keynote speakers and choose from over 130 education sessions. Topics will include effective counselling techniques, labour market information, post-secondary employment, talent management, job search strategies, working with diverse populations and more. An Exhibitor Showcase will also bring together organizations highlighting their valuable career development programs and services.
We are also pleased to announce this year’s optional pre-conference workshops, each providing in-depth professional development. Workshops take place on Sunday, January 27, 2019. Choose among the following:
- Trina Maher, Chief Creative Spirit, Bridging Concepts – Helping Indigenous Talent Tap into Their Potential
- Elaine Newman, Founder & CEO, Global Learning – Unconscious Bias: Understand, Define, Mitigate
- Graham Donald, Brainstorm Strategy Group – Employer Engagement to Increase Hiring on Your Campus
- Rob Straby, Co-ordinator & Professor, Career Development Professional Program, Conestoga College – Use the Power of Stories to Find Gigs!
- Kristen Klassen, PhD, Founder, Brickstorming – Building Insights and Confidence for Career Development Professionals Using LEGO® SERIOUS PLAY®
The conference is presented by CERIC and supported by The Counselling Foundation of Canada and a broad network of supporting organizations.