Retain and Gain: Career Management for Non-Profits and Charities Playbook
This Playbook identifies 40+ low-cost tips, activities and actions that non-profits and charities can take right now (some in only 10 minutes a day) to attract, engage and retain staff. Written by author Lisa Taylor in an innovative “travel guide” format, the publication includes:
- Special sections on new graduates, the aging workforce and precarious employment, and provides planning templates and links to unique resources
- Research, facts and statistics that shed new light on Canada’s non-profit workforce
- Practical career management tools to use with employees in ways that advance thriving careers and build the capacity of the non-profit sector
Career management – even for the smallest non-profits – offers a strategic lever for stronger performance. Indeed, career management affects more than just employee satisfaction and loyalty. It drives better client service, faster identification of ways to deliver on your mission and increased opportunity for growth – for staff as well as for your organization.
Get Your Copy
- Download the free epdf
- Download the Sample Career Management Itinerary
- Print $15.95 or ebook (Kindle or Kobo) $6.50 via Amazon.ca or Chapters.Indigo.ca
- Purchase bulk copies (10 or more) at 30% off. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions
About the Author
Lisa Taylor is founder and President of Challenge Factory and the Centre for Career Innovation. Her workforce and workplace perspectives have been featured in media outlets across North America including the Wall Street Journal, Huffington Post, CBC and The Globe and Mail. Taylor regularly speaks on the Future of Work, the intergenerational workforce and the changing nature of careers in today’s economy.
In the News!
- What “good” career management looks like by Lisa Taylor featured on CharityVillage on February 27, 2019
- Retain and Gain: Employee retention in the non-profit sector by Lisa Taylor featured in HR Professional Now Magazine (HRPA) in February, 2019
- How non-profit managers can become champions for employee career development by Lisa Taylor featured on CareerWise on November 5, 2018
- When managers are not comfortable or capable of having career conversations: Seven pitfalls to avoid by Lisa Taylor featured on CharityVillage on October 31, 2018
- Resource | New Playbook gives non-profit leaders practical tools to retain and develop staff featured on Hilborn Charity eNews on October 24, 2018
- Doing Better at Doing Good by Paul Nazareth on October 14, 2018
Publishing of the Playbook was made possible in part by the generous contributions of Knowledge Champions.