This Playbook identifies 40+ low-cost tips, activities and actions that public sector managers can take starting today (some in only 10 minutes a day) to attract, engage and retain staff. Written in an innovative “travel guide” format, author Lisa Taylor integrates a focus on diversity, equity and inclusion (DEI) throughout and recognizes the unique context of public sector workplaces. The Playbook also provides planning templates and links to additional resources.
Career management – at every level of government – offers a strategic lever for stronger organizational performance and success. Indeed, career management affects more than just employee satisfaction and loyalty. It drives better public service, faster identification of ways to deliver on your mandate and increased opportunity for innovation.
This Playbook is for you if, as a public sector manager, you are concerned about any of the following workforce needs:
- Recruitment and retention of talented employees
- Transition support (e.g., onboarding, automation, retirement planning, etc.)
- Development of new leadership candidates and skill sets
- Knowledge transfer
- Career agility, resilience and mobility
- Reskilling or upskilling that is increasingly needed in the rapidly changing world of work
- Safeguarding and improvement of mental health and well-being
- Fostering diversity, equity and inclusion
Get Your Copy
- Download the free epdf
- Print: $15.95 via Amazon.ca
- Available as an ebook for $6.50 (Kindle and Kobo)
- Purchase bulk copies (10 or more) at 30% through CERIC. Contact email@example.com with any questions
- Download the Public Sector Career Management Itinerary
About the Author
Lisa Taylor is President of Challenge Factory and the Centre for Career Innovation. She is the author of The Talent Revolution: Longevity and the Future of Work, the Retain and Gain series of Career Management Playbooks and The Canadian Guide for Hiring Veterans.