CERIC announces Board of Directors for upcoming year
The CERIC Board of Directors for 2012/2013 was confirmed following its Annual General Meeting (AGM) in June. CERIC is directed by a pan-Canadian volunteer Board reflecting a broad sectoral representation in the field of career counselling and career development.
CERIC’s Board of Directors:
- Nancy Dube, Sudbury YMCA, Sudbury, ON (Chair)
- Mark Venning, Change Rangers, Oakville, ON (Vice-Chair)
- Barb Mason, The Counselling Foundation of Canada, Toronto, ON (Secretary/Treasurer)
- Jan Basso, Wilfrid Laurier University, Waterloo, ON
- Lorraine Boland, YES-Your Employment Services, Thunder Bay, ON
- Richard Buteau, Laval University, Quebec City, QC
- Sherry Knight, Dimension 11 Ltd., Regina, SK
- Donald Lawson, The Counselling Foundation of Canada, Toronto, ON (Honourary Director)
- Carole MacFarlane, Vancouver School Board, Vancouver, BC
- Don McCaskill, Frontier School Division, Winnipeg, MB
- Michelle Pidgeon, Simon Fraser University, Surrey, BC
- Robert Shea, Memorial University of Newfoundland, St. John’s, NL
- Bruce Lawson, The Counselling Foundation of Canada, Toronto, ON (ex-officio)
The Board appointed members to CERIC’s six Committees for the next year. Committees play an important role providing input on Research, Learning, Marketing, Web Services, Editorial and our Conference Program.
As an inclusive organization for anyone working in career services or who has an interest in career development, CERIC encourages practitioners, educators and researchers to consider volunteering for one of our Committees. If you are interested, please send a letter of interest to: email@example.com.
CERIC is a charitable organization that advances education and research in career counselling and career development. We support the creation of career counselling-related research and professional development for a cross-sectoral community through funding project partnerships and our strategic programs. Our strategic programs are Cannexus, ContactPoint/OrientAction and The Canadian Journal of Career Development.