CERIC introduces its 2015/2016 Board of Directors
A new CERIC volunteer Board of Directors for the upcoming year is now in place, reflecting a broad cross-section of the career development field from across Canada.
Board members for 2015/2016 are:
- Jan Basso, Wilfrid Laurier University, Waterloo, ON (Chair)
- Jennifer Browne, Memorial University of Newfoundland, St. John’s, NL (Vice-Chair)
- Mark Venning, Change Rangers, Oakville, ON (Past Chair)
- Barb Mason, The Counselling Foundation of Canada, Bracebridge, ON (Secretary/Treasurer)
- Nancy Dube, YMCA of Sudbury, Sudbury, ON
- John Horn, Vancity Savings Credit Union, Vancouver, BC
- Carole MacFarlane, Education Consultant, Vancouver, BC
- Michelle Pidgeon, Simon Fraser University, Surrey, BC
- André Raymond, Laval University, Quebec City, QC
- Robert Shea, Memorial University of Newfoundland, St. John’s, NL
- Iris Unger, YES Montreal, Montreal, QC
- Donald Lawson, The Counselling Foundation of Canada, Toronto, ON (Honourary Director – Ex-officio)
- Bruce Lawson, The Counselling Foundation of Canada, Toronto, ON (Executive Officer – Ex-officio)
Members of CERIC’s three Advisory Committees – Practical & Academic Research, Content & Learning and Marketing, Communications & Web Services – have been appointed by the Board for the next year. Members of the committees play an important role providing input on CERIC projects and programs.
CERIC is a charitable organization that advances education and research in career counselling and career development, in order to increase the economic and social well-being of Canadians.
We fund projects to develop innovative resources that build the knowledge and skills of diverse career professionals. CERIC also annually hosts Cannexus, Canada’s largest bilingual career development conference, publishes the country’s only peer-reviewed journal, The Canadian Journal of Career Development, and runs the free ContactPoint / OrientAction online communities, which provide learning and networking in the career field.