CERIC confirms its 2017/2018 Board of Directors
The CERIC volunteer Board of Directors for the upcoming year is now in place, reflecting a broad cross-section of the diverse career development field from across Canada.
Board members for 2017/2018 are:
- Jennifer Browne, Memorial University of Newfoundland, St. John’s, NL (Chair)
- John Horn, Vancity Savings Credit Union, Vancouver, BC (Vice-Chair)
- Jan Basso, Wilfrid Laurier University, Waterloo, ON (Past Chair)
- Carole MacFarlane, Education Consultant, Vancouver, BC (Secretary/Treasurer)
- Cathy Keates, Queens’s University, Kingston, ON
- Cynthia Martiny, Université du Québec à Montréal, Montreal, QC
- Rosie Parnass, Toronto, ON
- André Raymond, Laval University, Quebec City, QC
- Joan Schiebelbein, University of Alberta, Edmonton, AB
- Robert Shea, Memorial University of Newfoundland, St. John’s, NL
- Iris Unger, YES Montreal, Montreal, QC
- Donald G. Lawson, The Counselling Foundation of Canada, Toronto, ON (Honourary Director – Ex-officio)
- Bruce Lawson, The Counselling Foundation of Canada, Toronto, ON (Executive Officer – Ex-officio)
- Riz Ibrahim, CERIC, Toronto, ON (Officer – Ex-officio)
Members of CERIC’s three Advisory Committees – Practical & Academic Research, Content & Learning and Marketing, Communications & Web Services – have been appointed by the Board for the next year. Members of the committees play an important role in providing input on CERIC projects and programs.
CERIC is a charitable organization that advances education and research in career counselling and career development, in order to increase the economic and social well-being of Canadians. We fund projects to develop innovative resources that build the knowledge and skills of diverse career professionals. CERIC also annually hosts Cannexus, Canada’s largest bilingual career development conference, publishes the country’s only peer-reviewed journal, The Canadian Journal of Career Development, and runs the free ContactPoint / OrientAction online communities, which provide learning and networking in the career field.