Cannexus22 shifting from hybrid to fully virtual conference
CERIC has made the difficult decision to shift from a hybrid Cannexus22 conference to a fully virtual one. This decision was made with a heavy heart, knowing how much our career development community wants to be able to gather face-to-face again in Ottawa. The decision was based on a range of factors that have changed over the past few months, combined with ongoing uncertainty.
We felt we are not able to guarantee we can 1) provide equitable access to the in-person conference or 2) deliver the robust in-person Cannexus experience that people have come to expect. Uncertainty around capacity limits, variations in the pandemic situation across provinces and regions, and cancellations from in-person presenters were among the many considerations that informed this decision.
We are of course excited to proceed with the virtual version of Cannexus, taking place Jan. 24-26, 2022. Our first virtual Cannexus conference held earlier this year attracted more than 2,300 delegates from throughout the entire career ecosystem. Cannexus22 will build on this to continue to reimagine how career development can be a powerful catalyst in pandemic recovery.
We have reached out to share next steps with registrants and presenters for the in-person program. For those already registered for the virtual conference, there is no change, except you’ll have even more choice among 150+ incredible sessions.
If you have not registered yet, don’t miss the opportunity to take advantage of our extended Early Bird deadline. Register by Friday, Nov. 19 to receive a discounted rate of $330, with further savings for group registrations, members of supporting organizations and students.
As a reminder, the virtual conference offers you and your team:
- An essential and empowering opportunity for learning and renewal
- Keynotes: Waneek Horn-Miller, Yvonne Rodney and Randell Adjei
- Sessions from expert presenters across Canada and around the globe
- Special programming including a virtual KAIROS Blanket Exercise, exploring the relationship between Indigenous and non-Indigenous peoples in Canada
- Latest research, policy and practice: post-COVID labour market trends, mental health, hybrid service delivery and more
- Big-picture conversations around economic and social change + skills building to support client success
- A new BONUS virtual day (Feb. 4) after the conference to help you reflect on what you heard and to facilitate you taking action
- Access to recordings for six months – so you don’t miss a thing
We look forward to welcoming you to the virtual edition of Canada’s largest bilingual career and workforce development conference to convene, share and learn.