CERIC welcomes its 2019/2020 Board of Directors
CERIC is pleased to welcome the members of its volunteer Board of Directors for the upcoming year. The volunteer Board reflects a broad cross-section of the diverse career development field from across Canada. John Horn, who leads organizational learning and development at Vancity Credit Union, returns as Chair of the Board.
The complete list of Board members for 2019/2020 includes:
- John Horn, Vancity Credit Union, Vancouver, BC (Chair)
- André Raymond, Laval University, Quebec City, QC (Vice-Chair)
- Jennifer Browne, Memorial University of Newfoundland, St John’s, NL (Past Chair)
- Cathy Keates, Queens’s University, Kingston, ON (Secretary/Treasurer)
- Lorraine Godden, Carleton University, Ottawa, ON
- Darlene Hnatchuk, McGill University, Montreal, QC
- Candy Ho, Kwantlen Polytechnic University, Surrey, BC
- Cynthia Martiny, Université du Québec à Montréal, Montreal, QC
- Rosie Parnass, Coach and HR Consultant, Toronto, ON
- Rob Shea, Memorial University of Newfoundland, St John’s, NL
- Lisa Taylor, Challenge Factory, Toronto, ON
- Donald G. Lawson, The Counselling Foundation of Canada, Toronto, ON (Honourary Director – Ex-officio)
- Bruce Lawson, The Counselling Foundation of Canada, Toronto, ON (Executive Officer – Ex-officio)
Members of CERIC’s three Advisory Committees – Practical & Academic Research; Content & Learning; and Marketing, Communications & Web Services – have been appointed by the Board for the next year. Members of these committees play an important role in shaping CERIC’s projects, programs and publications.
CERIC is a charitable organization that advances education and research in career counselling and career development, in order to increase the economic and social well-being of Canadians. We fund projects to develop innovative resources that build the knowledge and skills of diverse career professionals. CERIC also annually hosts Cannexus, Canada’s largest bilingual career development conference, publishes the country’s only peer-reviewed journal, Canadian Journal of Career Development, and runs the CareerWise / OrientAction websites, providing the top career development news and views.