Celebrating the one year anniversary of CareerWise
On November 27, 2018, CERIC took a big leap into the next generation of content and learning with the launch of the new CareerWise website, Your source for career development news and views. Our French-language content site, OrientAction, a partnership with Quebec-based partner, GRICS, was also reimagined and relaunched at the same time.
The new CareerWise website replaces CERIC’s ContactPoint site, a pioneer on the web that served Canada’s career development professionals for more than 20 years. The revamp is based on extensive analysis of online user behaviour, best practices from the web’s most-read content sites, ansd focus group feedback and ongoing consultation with career professionals across the country. The changes reflect the evolving ways that people find and interact with information online while continuing CERIC’s commitment to offer web content for Canada’s career professional communities in a current and engaging manner.
- The one-stop shop for professionals working in career development to stay up to date with continuous learning from trusted content that advances knowledge and skills
- Quick and easy access to the most important career development information, resources and conversations, and actionable insights to apply at work
- A career development content hub where you can: scan the latest news; search areas of interest; see what’s trending; connect to thought leaders; and contribute your knowledge
Over the past year, popular topics on CareerWise have included:
- Strategies for working effectively with specific client groups, such as people with disabilities, newcomers, jobseekers in the LGBTQ2+ community, veterans and older workers
- Reliable labour market information and helpful advice to prepare clients/students – and career professionals themselves
- Up-to-date interview advice and resume information
CERIC is committed to finding ways to keep making CareerWise better. If you want to tell us what CareerWise has meant to you or ideas for how we can better meet your needs, share on social media with the hashtag #MyCareerWiseStory.
If you want to receive career development-related news, please subscribe to receive our newsletter CareerWise Weekly. If you’ve been thinking about writing for CareerWise, check out our Submission Guidelines and send an email to Editor Lindsay Purchase at firstname.lastname@example.org.