Announcing fall webinars: Anti-racism, Succession, Ethics, Resiliency & Assessment
CERIC along with its partner associations will be offering a variety of webinar series in the next few months to support the career development community on a range of essential topics. Covering critical issues such as ethics in the wake of COVID, career centre succession planning and anti-racist counselling practices, these webinars will give you the latest knowledge you need to succeed. Plan to “head back to school” and refresh your learning this fall.
The upcoming calendar includes:
- Contrary to Popular Belief, Ethics is NOT Boring: New and Evolving Considerations in the Wake of COVID! presented by Dr. Jody Hawley & Terena Delaney, in partnership with Vocational Rehabilitation Association (VRA) Canada | October 6, 13, 20, 2021
- Assessing the Impact of Career Services: Tools for Informing Practice and Communicating Value presented by Dr. Julia Panke Makela, University of Illinois, in partnership with the Canadian Association of Career Educators and Employers (CACEE) | October 21, 28, November 4, 2021
- Positively Resilient: How to Remain Energetic, Optimistic and Well-Balanced in Post-Pandemic Times – and Help Others Do the Same! presented by Dr. Jason Cressey, in partnership with the British Columbia Career Development Association (BCCDA) | November 9, 16, 23, 2021
- Aligning Careers and Leadership Succession Plans for Today’s Digital and Post-COVID Economy: Key Pitfalls and Pivots presented by Dr. Nicole Jackson, Sacred Heart University, in partnership with First Work | November 12, 19, 26, 2021
- Beyond Diversity: Supporting Career Practitioners to Have Inclusive Anti-Racist Practices that Empower Clients Who Are Racialized, presented by Jodi Tingling, in partnership with the Career Development Association of Alberta (CDAA) | November 18, 25, December 2, 2021
Webinar series cost $119 for members of the partnering association and $159 for non-members. For the webinar series, registered participants will receive a password-protected video recording of each session. The recordings will remain available for one month after the final webinar in the series to allow you to catch up if you miss any weeks. Individual certificates of attendance will be provided to all registered participants who attend the webinars live.
CERIC partners with associations and organizations across Canada and beyond to present webinars that offer timely, convenient and affordable professional development. Previously, CERIC has also worked with the Canadian Association for Supported Employment, New Brunswick Career Development Association, Canadian Counselling and Psychotherapy Association, Association of Service Providers for Employability and Career Training BC, Ontario School Counsellors’ Association, Experiential and Work-Integrated Learning Ontario, Career Professionals of Canada, Ontario Association of Career Management, Ordre des conseillers et conseillères d’orientation du Québec, Association québécoise des professionnels du développement de carrière, Labour Market Information Council and the US-based National Career Development Association.