Fall issue of Careering highlights Career Superpowers
CERIC’s Career Superpowers issue of Careering magazine highlights the many ways career professionals can help clients and students become the heroes of their own career journeys. Authors provide tools to help get you and your clients through tumultuous times, and offer guidance on navigating barriers to career success, such as discrimination.
As we all continue to make our way through COVID-19, it is easy to focus on the challenges. We can’t escape them. However, the strengths, skills and tools described in this issue are ones that anyone can use or develop. Career development is a superpower, and we need it now, more than ever.
Articles in this issue:
- Storytelling is the career superpower your clients need to master, by Alastair MacFadden
- Supporting the careers of individuals who are Black, Indigenous and people of colour, by Jodi Tingling
- Bridging the skills awareness gap through reflection at Queen’s University, by Carli Fink
And much more:
- Making career development ‘stick’ in K-12
- Case Study: Helping a client with autism improve her interview skills
- Leveraging the power of mindfulness in career development
- Prior learning: Unlocking a little-known career superpower
- 10 Questions with Canadian astronaut David Saint-Jacques
- Client Side: How I found career joy in an unexpected place
- Three books to find career courage amid chaos
- Mastering the power of C.H.A.O.S.
- Cultivating a positive work culture in the midst of change
- The value of a career reflection guide for clients in challenging times
- Leveraging an interdisciplinary approach to succeed in a shifting job market
- Journalling: A strategy to better navigate career transitions
- Belief in their career goals can help jobseekers get through tough times
- Reignite your purpose with this career superpower
Careering magazine is Canada’s Magazine for Career Development Professionals and is the official publication of CERIC. It is published three times a year both in print and as an emagazine, including select content in French. Subscribe to receive your free copy. You can also access past issues for free online.
The Winter 2021 issue of Careering magazine will be on the theme of “Social Justice.” New contributors are welcome, and can submit in English, French or both languages. Please review our Submission Guidelines and send a 1-2 paragraph proposal outlining your topic idea to Editor Lindsay Purchase, email@example.com, no later than October 9.