(And the other newsletters from CERIC.)
Click on the image to read the digital edition of Careering magazine.
Career competencies and skills translation: Helping students prepare for the future of work
The Fall 2021 digital-only issue of Careering magazine will be on the theme of “Career Development Reimagined.” We are seeking imaginative ideas, critical reflections and personal stories on shifts we’ve seen in career development and where the field needs to go. Please review our Submission Guidelines and send a 1-2 paragraph proposal outlining your topic idea to Editor Lindsay Purchase, firstname.lastname@example.org, by June 30. New contributors are welcome, and can submit in English, French or both languages. Potential topic ideas include (but are not limited to):
- Access to career services/resources
- Advocating for the value of career development (CD)
- Dealing with loss and unmet expectations in CD
- Equity and inclusion
- Hybrid workforce, learning and career services
- Helping students prepare for future periods of uncertainty
- Navigating industry collapses
- Reimagining career mindsets
- Shifting jobseeker/employee expectations of employers
- Visions for an ideal model of CD in Canada
- Work and identity
Views expressed by contributors are not necessarily those of CERIC. Mention of programs, services, products and initiatives is not an endorsement of these items.