‘Hindsight and Foresight’: Winter 2023 issue marks 10 years of Careering magazine
This special 10th-anniversary issue of Careering magazine, on the theme of “Hindsight and Foresight,” welcomes back many past contributors to reflect on where the field has been and where it needs to go. In our 10 Questions interview, we also speak to outgoing CERIC Executive Director Riz Ibrahim, without whom Careering would not have existed.
- Building upskilling pathways for the future
- Canada’s career development profession – on the cusp of greatness
- Our future is global
- Supporting our clients in a changing world of work
- ‘The buck starts here: Mental health, career development and your practice
- The changing landscape of college career education
- Top 10: Advancing career development in Canada
- Unlocking the power of student career agency
- 10 Questions with Riz Ibrahim (with a full-length video interview!)
- Plus: Editor’s note
As we celebrate this milestone, we are mindful of ongoing shifts in how people learn and consume information. After two years of publishing Careering exclusively online, we recognize that we need to continue to evolve to meet career professionals’ learning needs. In our 2022 Content and Learning Survey, respondents also expressed an appetite for change.
With a sense of nostalgia, gratitude and excitement, CERIC has decided to turn the page on this chapter of Careering. The Winter 2023 magazine will be the final issue of Careering as we currently know it.
Thank you for coming with us on this journey, as we all work to advance career development in Canada. The road ahead will be winding and require ongoing learning, but we’re excited about the opportunities that lie in wait.
You can access past issues of Careering magazine for free online.