Eighteen months into a disruptive and often devastating pandemic, we are in a moment that feels ripe for reflection. This issue of CERIC’s Careering magazine both examines where we have been – the changes the field has made, by choice or by necessity – and where career development needs to go in Canada. The strategies, case studies and ideas this issue’s authors present reflect an inherent belief that we can do better than just going back to “normal.”
There’s something for everyone in this issue – available exclusively online at ceric.ca/careering – with articles on career education in K-12 and post-secondary; re-envisioning approaches to workforce development; hybrid career services; Indigenous career counselling; inclusive workplaces; measuring and communicating the value of career development; and more.
- The hybrid future: Shifting employment services to meet client needs
- The importance of a whole-person approach in Indigenous career development
- Cross-cutting concerns for public policy in career development
- Career professionals need accessible tools to build LMI literacy
- Client Side: Agility is the ‘resilience vitamin’ in a career with many twists and turns
- Employer-engaged workforce development: Strategies to address sector shock
- Case Study: Carleton careers course aims to help students manage change and complexity
- Increasing inclusion and engagement in virtual career workshops
- Reflection is key to helping jobseekers reimagine their career
- The value of place-based workforce development
- What students want from employers to create safe, inclusive workplaces
- What you measure matters … but your mindset matters more
- 3 ways to transform your organization by creating a culture of continuous learning
Additionally, in this issue we asked career professionals across Canada what they wanted to see for the future of the field. Watch what they shared in this video:
Careering magazine is Canada’s Magazine for Career Development Professionals and is the official publication of CERIC. It is published three times a year and includes select content in French. Subscribe to receive your free copy. You can also access past issues for free online.
The Winter 2022 issue of Careering magazine will explore the theme of “Career Mindsets.” New contributors are welcome, and can submit in English, French or both languages. Please review our Submission Guidelines and send a 1-2 paragraph proposal outlining your topic idea to Editor Lindsay Purchase, firstname.lastname@example.org, by Thursday, Oct. 14.